#88 Ira Pastor on Regeneration
Ira S. Pastor is the CEO of Bioquark, a life sciences company, developing proprietary combinatorial biologics for the regeneration and repair of human organs and tissues. Ira has over 30 years of pharmaceutical experience. He serves as a board member at multiple companies and organizations including RengerAge, the Reanima Project, The World Academy of Medical Science and the World Economic Forum’s Human Enhancement.
This Episode We Discuss…
- Regeneration and repair of human organs and tissues
- Natural regenerative capability of humans
- Effect of age
- Potential role of telomerase
- Bioquark’s area of focus in regeneration
- Conditions that could potentially benefit from regeneration research
- Genetics role in regeneration
- Research on animals regenerative abilities
- Growing organs outside the human body and its impact on the organ donor system
- Somatic reversion and how it differs from other gene therapies
Stay tuned for the next new episode of DNA Today on September 7th, 2018. New episodes are released on the first and third Fridays of the month. See what else I am up to on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook and iTunes. Questions/inquiries can be sent to info@DNApodcast.com.