#86 Dr. Michael Fossel on the Telomere Theory of Aging
Dr. Michael Fossel is the world’s foremost expert on the clinical use of telomerase for age-related diseases. In 1996, he wrote the first book on the telomerase theory of aging, Reversing Human Aging, and has published the sole medical textbook on the topic. Most recently he published The Telomerase Revolution which was named one of the five best science books of the year by the Wall Street Journal.
Dr. Fossel earned his PhD and MD from Stanford University, where he taught neurobiology and research methods. He has lectured at the National Institutes of Health and the Smithsonian Institution and has appeared on Good Morning America, CNN, BBC, and NPR among others. He is currently working to bring telomerase to human trials for Alzheimer's disease with his company, Telocyte.
On This Episode We Discuss…
- Telomere theory of aging
- Age related diseases telomerase potentially prevent/treat
- Telomerase product effects on cancer prevention
- Common misconceptions of aging
- Changing public perspective on the potential of reversing aging
- Role of family history in longevity
- Recent aging/telomerase research
- CRISPR’s use with telomerase
- Scientifically validation of current anti-aging products
Stay tuned for the next new episode of DNA Today on August 3rd, 2018. New episodes are released on the first and third Fridays of the month. See what else I am up to on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook and iTunes. Questions/inquiries can be sent to info@DNApodcast.com.