#89 Dr. Andrew Ury on Electronic Health Records
Dr. Andrew Ury is the CEO and Founder of ActX, one of the leading companies in electronic health record integrated genomic decision support. He previously founded and was CEO of the first commercial electronic medical record company, Practice Partner. He is also the co-founder of one of the leading practice-based research networks, PPrNet. Dr. Ury helped found and was twice the vice-chair of the Electronic Health Record Assoc (EHRA). He is a graduate of Stanford Medical School.
This Episode We Discuss:
- Definition of Electronic Health Records (EHRs)
- EHRs History, Evolution and Future
- Dr. Ury’s Perspective as a Founder of the Technology
- Current EHR Methods and Systems
- ActX’s Role in Integrating EHRs in Genomic Decision Support
- Direct-To-Consumer (DTC) Genetic Testing
- Focused vs Broad Screening
- FDA Regulation on DTC Genetic Testing
- Pharmacogenomics and Testing
- Future Predictions of Integrated Personalized Medicine and Patients’ Role
Stay tuned for the next new episode of DNA Today on September 21st. New episodes are released on the first and third Fridays of the month. Can’t wait? There are 88 other episodes to explore in the meantime.